“Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”
What do you need in order to change your life?
- Get real. Talking about what you want and your plans to get there only help up to a certain point. Then you have to decide what you are actually willing to do.
- Recognize the difficulty. It will be harder than you think, and it will take longer than you think. Decide if it’s really worth going through the difficulty and waiting.
- Do it with others. Sure, you are more likely to succeed if you lean on others. More importantly – you might help them realize that they can change as well.
- See yourself as an explorer. You aren’t on a one-way flight, knowing which
airportyou will land in. You are an explorer with an idea of a far-off land that you want to get to. Many things will come up along the way which might change your path. Be open to them.
- Choose to see success in the journey. You might not get all the way to the change you want on your first try. That doesn’t make you a failure. It’s not about changing the world, it’s about changing yourself.
What do you need in order to get the change you want?